"A Little Town with a Big Heart"|
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
it's the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
Located in Moffatt Township, approximately 30 minutes from Lake Huron in northern, lower Michigan.
Our Mission Statement
Alger Parks and Rec is a charitable, 501(c)3 non-profit organization formed in January 2012. We exist to:
- Provide programs, special events and facilities to stimulate the socialization, safety, good health and the
physical development of the individual and family, as related to the needs and interests of our residents.
- Provide programs, special events and facilities to stimulate our local economy.
- Encourage the joint use of all community facilities such as parks, libraries, schools and the like.
- Coordinate programs where possible with Arenac County and the Community of Alger.
- Provide a diverse organization that communicates openly through teamwork.
- Anticipate the area’s needs for future generations.
Happy New Year from all of us!
Make a tax deductible contribution to Alger Parks and Rec, and help your community. Thanks!